WROUGHT IRON DOORS
- Iron Entry Door
- Iron Interior Door
- Other Iron Products
Recommendations On Buying Bi Fold Doors
All homes have doors and windows made in various shapes and styles. Of all designs, bi fold doors have significant advantages both in terms of functionality and aesthetics. They look splendid for opening your living space, refurbishing your home, or simply to join your living room to your patio or verandah. A great thing about bifold doors is they can be custom made to your requirements.
What Are The Advantages Of Bi Fold Doors?
* Single doorways use a lot of space on one side and are bothersome. Bi fold doors on the other hand require much less area and open up the entire space conveniently.
* Bifold doors permit more sunlight to enter your room and could save on electricity costs.
* It is much more convenient to clean glass panes on these doors than on sliding doors.
* These are great space savers in small rooms. Therefore, these are popular for mud rooms, laundry rooms, and linen closets.
* Bi-fold doors are cost-effective and easy to install.
* Mirrored bifold doors create the effect of a larger space.
Some Recommendations On How To Maintain Bi Fold Doors
Bi fold doors need regular maintenance to preserve their special elegant looks and functionality. Repairing does not need special skill as even inexperienced person can do it with ease.
* It is a good practice to clean bifold doors every time you clean the room where the doors are located. The surface of the door is best wiped by an appropriate cleaning agent while the vacuum cleaner is effective in removing dust from crevices and from between louvers.
* Check minutely the top and bottom metal track that guides the movement of the doors while opening and closing. Dents and obstructions can hamper smooth movement. Fix as needed.
* Check the surface finish of the doors. Refinish the doors if you observe cracks and peelings.
* If the doors are made of metal, look for rusted surfaces. Rust can be removed by a wire brush or sandpaper and then the area should be covered by rust inhibitor before repainting.
Buying Bi Fold Doors
You can buy bifold doors from among the following materials of construction.
* UPVC has the advantage of being maintenance-free, but it lacks the structural strength of other materials and is prone to warping whenever temperature changes occur.
* Aluminum is strong yet light and can be shaped into slim sliding folding doors with contemporary styling.
* Hardwood and softwood give a warm feel but require regular maintenance and staining. So, a good option is to have aluminum on the outside for weather resistance and timber on the inside.
Bi fold doors move by sliding along the head track. Therefore it is important to choose the door with the right hardware. Good quality construction and sliding mechanism are the main attributes of a good door. A heavy and well-constructed door will allow for smooth sliding along the tracks and will provide superior durability.
Whichever material you finally choose, it must have durability and good workmanship. So, choose a manufacturer who offers at least ten years guarantee on its products.